8 Questions You Probably Have About Assisted Living
Q.) What do we do now? We are worried about Mom or Dad and think they may need help with daily living.
A.) Take a look at Cambridge Court. Helping with daily life for Seniors is what we do every day.
- Medication management - assuring that the proper medications are taken at the correct times.
- Bathing, Personal Care, Assistance in Getting to Meals
- We serve 3 delicious meals every day
- We do the laundry and housekeeping!!!!!
Q.) Is Assisted Living like a Hospital or Nursing Home?
A.) Not at all. It's like HOME, only better because all the resident's needs are met by a dedicated loving staff, who are there and available 24 hours a day every day.
Q.) Will Mom or Dad be safe?
A.) That is one of the best reasons to live at Cambridge Court. We interact with our residents all through the day, assuring that they get their meals, medications and other needs on time and in a secure environment. For additional security there is a 24 hour emergency call system in every apartment.
Q.) Will Mom or Dad think we have "abandoned" them?
A.) We find that residents quickly respond to our scheduled daily activities, designed to keep them active and engaged. And they also have the opportunity to socialize, visit and engage with other residents like themselves. We find that lots of activity in a loving, friendly community chases away the blues.
Q.) What’s available at Cambridge Court?
- Planned Activities Everyday
- Outside Courtyards and Landscape Areas
- Beauty Salon
- TV and Game Areas
- Family Gathering Areas
- Laundry and Housekeeping
- Transportation to appointments, shopping and other events
- We have visiting medical services like Vision, Hearing, Podiatrist, Hearing, Home Health, Hospice and more.
- Weekend Manager to handle any issues.
Q.) What about meals?
A.) Good nutrition is an essential part of your loved ones care. We provide specialized diets to address basic dietary concerns. Three meals are served daily, restaurant style, in our beautiful dining room. Typically there are three options to choose from at each meal.
Q.) What kind of apartment will Mom or Dad be staying in?
A.) We have two very efficient floor plans with kitchenettes, private baths and living areas. All utilities included except personal telephone and cable.
Click here to see our floor plans
Q.) Can Mom or Dad stay here or will they have to move again?
A.) Most of our residents are able to stay with us permanently as they age in place. We have three different types of care available to our residents.
- Assisted Living – Help with personal care needs, medication management, cooking, housekeeping and laundry, escorts to and from meals and activities.
- Memory Care – All of the above in a Licensed, secure area with highly individualized personal care tailored to each resident as they move through the memory loss stages.
- Extended Care – All assisted living features plus a higher level of individualized care to meet the special care needs unique to each resident.